The Diaries of
By Bill Harry
1. Pat, Mike and I went to Gaumont to see 'Paris Holiday.' Quite good.
2. Got trousers back. No good.
3. Pat and I went to Highfield Tenants Club. Pat sang, quite good.
4. With Pat, Mike and Bob to Co-op Sports. Pat had tea at ours.
5. Mr. Judge on holiday. Oscar came back. Enid and I have to do the work. Went to Pat's in evening. Had row.
12. Supposed to see '10 Commandments' but no cash. Went to Pat's instead.
13. Went to Carlton with Pat to see 'The Golden Disc.'
14. Practiced at Alan's. Spud can't play tomorrow night.
15. Played at Winter Gardens, Garston. Dive. Through to finals. Took Pat.
16. Pat came into work. Went to hers in evening.
17. Went to Harrison Drive to play good with Al.
18. New girl started. Went to Pat's in evening.
19. Took guitar to Pat's and left it there.
20. Booked for '10 Commandments.'
21. Went to see '10 Commandments' with Pat at Curzon.
25. Pat came to ours, cooked us a meal of fish and chips.
26. Went with Pat to see John Downes about opening club.
27. Article in Express.
28. Went to Regent to see '6.5 Special.' No good.
29. Went to Pat's in evening. Had row.
30. Old lady came back from London.
31. Went to Ainsdale with Pat and had good time.
1. Had row with Pat. Finished, I think.
2. Went to Carlton to see 'Up The Creek' with Alan. Okay.
6. Butlin's. Lousy train journey. Spud and I picked two girls up.
7. Missed breakfast.
8. Wrote cards and also a letter to Pat. Went horse riding.
9. Went to bathe.
10. Went skating.
12. Went with Christine. Bought presents for Pat and mum. Got letter from Pat. Went with Christine at night. She was crying, so I promised to write to her. She gave me her bracelet.
13. Lousy journey back to Liverpool. Went to Pat's in evening. Took presents.
15. (Boxed in red). By mutual agreement Pat and I decided to quit until October. Went to Curzon.
16. Wrote to Christine.
17. Ron goes in Army tomorrow. Took Bob, Al and I to Cross Keys for drink.
20. Went to Martin's. Took girl home, her dad has a shop.
21. Al and I went to Cavern. Got some girls to go on coach trip.
22. Got two girls from Lyons to go on coach trip. Wrote to Chris in evening, then went to Jill's.
23. Took two girls to Conservative Club. Lousy. Teeming rain.
24. Went to pictures to see 'Dracula.' Pretty good.
28. Murphy and I played Highfield Tenants. Had row at home.
29. Wrote to Christine and Pat.
2. Paul and I went to pictures. Nearly thrown out.
4. Got measured for suit at Chetwyns. Cost 15 gns. Al, Paul and I played at Jesse's 21st. Had good time.
9. Paul and I went to see Lonnie Donegan at Empire. Quite good.
11. Took two girls to see Lonnie Donegan (again).
12. Supposed to meet girls but Paul never turned up.
14. (Boxed in blue biro) Got fired for telling woman to mind her own business (caretaker's wife).
15. Pat and I went to see lady but she ran away. Seen Mr. Beecher and Banks. Al and I went to see 'Camp At Blood Island.'
16. Went to see about job in town. No good, but might take it. Got haircut.
18. Fitting for suit, not ready. Went to Marine.
20. Paul and I went to town to see 'The Fly.' Good. Then went to Mardi Gras coffee bar.
21. Went to Warrington in car with Alan Thompson, Paul and band. Good night.
22. Alan and I went to Abbey to see 'Perri.' Kid's picture.
24. Alan and I practiced all night.
25. University. Played okay. Got Kevin bass. Got suit from Chetwyns.
27. Went to Employment Exchange in town. Also to Art School and Mardi Gras to try and get bookings. Saw Helen in evening.
28. With Alan's band in Warrington in evening. Good time. Stayed at Paul's till 4am.
29. Woke up at 12. Got paid University money.