Guitar Diaries: 1961
1. LJS all nighter, 12 bands on.
2. I really love Eileen. It's great, just the two of us together.
12. Felt lousy, Johnny Gus played Jive Hive.
14. Mossway, Knotty Ash Hall, Iron Door, did three dates okay.
16. Eileen came. Had big row, we may finish.
26. Went to pics to see Marlon Brando with Eileen, no good.
30. Bought Chuck Berry LP.
4. Neston Institute, poured with rain, about 75 turned up.
6. Went to Zodiac to see Wump and Werbles, useless.
8. Tired of playing Orrell Park.
9. Went to town, had Chinese meal, saw 'Curse Of the Werewolf.'
11. Finished with Eileen. I could never go with anyone again.
12. Frodsham. Dance empty, played good.
13. Didn't play LJS, police there. Eileen and I are back with each other.
15. Bought blue jacket, grey pants.
18. Widnes. Wally missed 1st stand, played ok. Rory, Ringo and I did 2nd 15 minutes as others in pub 'cause Ringo made mistake.
19. Got ring back.
20. All nighter. LJS. Sammy never paid us. Went to Ray's party, didn't see much as Eileen and I in dark room all night.
22. Last appearance at Orrell, everything went wrong.
25. Rory and I went to New Brighton Tower to see Ricky Valance, not much good. Got signed picture for Eileen.
27. Crewe. Eileen went with man next door. Played okay, dead place, I pinched poster. Eileen and I never spoke coming back, went straight to Cilla's party. I was rotten after a few pints, sick, left at 5 in Dynamites car, sick at home, went to bed, conked out.
28. Went to see Robert Horton, good. Eileen didn't want to go home, went to hers, made love, stayed up til 6.30, adore her.
29. Got red suits from Duncans. 12 colour, 12 b/w photos taken, good. Rory and I went to Orrell, empty. Went to Jac with Faron, Big 3 played.
(The last couple of months give a lot of booking details at Jive Hive, OPB etc. There are no entries after 3rd June. Butlin's holiday camp, Pwellheli until the end of August).